The USA is home to the world’s most reputed universities and business schools. Therefore, it is a highly popular destination for pursuing higher studies among international students. There are several reasons for students from India choose to study abroad in the USA:
- Top Universities- As mentioned above, the USA is home to the leading universities in the world. For instance, B-schools like Kellogg School of Management, Columbia, Harvard, MIT Sloan, etc., are located in the USA with extensive opportunities provided to students coming from other countries.
- Multicultural exposure- Being an Indian, you must have good multicultural experience connecting with people from different backgrounds. Still, studying in the USA provides the students with a multicultural international experience.
- More job opportunities- USA holds a significant part of the global market. Therefore, it requires more personnel to satisfy the ever-increasing job possibilities. Studying in the USA will help you have a higher chance of landing your dream job with a competitive salary.
- Quality of education- USA is known for its quality education. The education system in the USA is versatile as compared to other countries. Besides, the undergraduate and other programs include core courses, electives, field trips, internships, etc., to give students broad exposure.
- Availability of Scholarships- Many students from India find the USA a highly expensive destination among other countries, which is valid to some extent. However, universities in the USA offer scholarships to students based on their needs.
Requirements to study in the USA
There are some fundamental requirements in the USA for students coming to pursue higher studies there. Let’s look at such requirements:
Studying abroad can be pricey for students in the United States. Besides, a practical budget plan will assist you in better controlling your living expenditures. In addition to your tuition fee, remember to include expenses such as housing, food, health insurance, and travel when evaluating the cost of studying in the United States. Moreover, plenty of scholarships are available for Indian students in the United States, which you can avail yourself to lower your tuition payments.
Furthermore, two types of student visas are available in the United States. First is for the students who attend academic programs are classified as Category ‘F,’ whereas vocational and non-academic programmes are classified as Category ‘M.’
You can choose the type of Visa as per your program requirements.
If you’re going to pursue a bachelor’s, you might need an excellent academic record. However, if you’re going to pursue a master’s in USA, you require a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field. Besides, the standard requirements are:
- Letter of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Essay questions, if any, as required by the university.
Best places to study in the USA for Indian Students
Most of the highly regarded institutions are located across the United States. As a result, each state in the country has a number of prestigious institutions to brag about.
- New York is a city in the United States.
- Los Angeles is a city in California.
- San Francisco is a city in California.
The top 100 QS best student cities rankings 2022 include some of these cities. These cities offer opportunities through internships, practical projects, global networking, etc.
Also, Boston is known as the United States’ student capital, with over 20% of students coming from other nations. Each city has different living costs, and if students prepare ahead, they may save money.
So, if you’re someone looking to study in the USA, it could be a good opportunity for you. However, it’ll be great if you could learn more about the program you wish to pursue. After this post, you might have better understood how studying in the USA might look. Still, choosing the right program for you is a significant task.
Abhyank Srinet is a passionate digital entrepreneur who holds a Masters in Management degree from ESCP Europe. He started his first company while he was still studying at ESCP, and managed to scale it up by 400% in just 2 years.
Being a B-School Alumni, he recognized the need for a one-stop solution for B-School to get in touch with schools and get their application queries resolved. This prompted him to create mentr-me, a one-of-a-kind portal with cutting edge profile evaluation and school selection algorithms, along with several avenues to stay informed about the latest B-School Updates.